Robotron Tom

Default 32" Toshiba TV problem

I have a Toshiba 32" TV about 6 years old.

The problem is that when I switch it on, I hear the normal "coming on"
sound but it does not come on. No picture, no sound. It's the same with
remote or button on the set itself. I looked and no light from the
heater. It did come on, once after the set had been unplugged for about 3
months, but hasn't since.

Is there a component I should investigate, like a relay?

Thank you,
--
Robotron Tom *remove nospam to email*
See the Flashback Arcade at: http:// www.arcadeguy.net

Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral
character.
-M. Smith
RonKZ650

It's usually a bad 4.7uf capacitor in the power supply. Look for a red colored
capacitor near the smps transformer. It causes the power supply output to be
high, and the set will shut off immediately if it's bad.
Ron
Robotron Tom

RonKZ650 started a controversy when he said... :

It's usually a bad 4.7uf capacitor in the power supply. Look for a red
colored capacitor near the smps transformer. It causes the power
supply output to be high, and the set will shut off immediately if
it's bad. Ron

I will get right on it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.