Gabby Simmonds

Default Sony ICF-7600D stereo?

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to convert the Sony ICF-7600D radio to receive and play stereo FM broadcasts.

If any of you know whether this is possible, please let me know here on this newsgroup.

Thanks!
Michael Black

"Gabby Simmonds" ) writes:
Hi all,

I'm wondering whether it is possible to convert the Sony ICF-7600D radio =
to receive and play stereo FM broadcasts.

If any of you know whether this is possible, please let me know here on =
this newsgroup.

Thanks!

Some portable shortwave receivers have stereo at the headphone jack; this
gives stereo but doesn't make the company squeeze two speakers into the unit.
So the first thing you need to do is check if yours has that.

if not, then there sure isn't any easy way of making it stereo. You'd
ahve to open it up, add a stereo decoder, and squeeze it into the box.

Michael