mark

Default warped dial scale

How do you flatten a warped plastic dial scale?

Rheilly Phoull

"mark" wrote in message ...
How do you flatten a warped plastic dial scale?

Glue it onto some thin aluminium ??

--
Regards ........... Rheilly Phoull

Jerry G.

See if you can scan it in using high resolution. Use a photo editor to touch
it up, if necessary. Then print it on the proper medium to have a good
reproduction of it. If the scale has a colour background, or is on a
transparency, there are all types of transparencies, and colour printable
materials available.

The other way, if it is plastic, you can take a chance and heat it up to
warp it flat again. While hot, make sure it is on a flat surface, and put
something heavy in it that is flat, such as a large phone book.

I would see if I can scan it in first, in case the heat method does not work
out so well.

--

Jerry G.
======

"mark" wrote in message ...
How do you flatten a warped plastic dial scale?

NSM

"mark" wrote in message ...
| How do you flatten a warped plastic dial scale?

You really can't. It probably had internal stresses from manufacture and
heating it (I assume this since it is buckled) has made it worse. You could
try heating it while flattening it but I suspect it will become worse, not
better. Plastics are strange things.