Mike

Default Sharp widescreen TV - audio problem

I have a 32" Sharp widescreen TV which is approx 3 years old.

Recently it has developed a problem with the sound.

After a few minutes (between 5 - 20 mins) of viewing there is a loud crackle
which sounds like static coming from both speakers. The picture is fine but
the crackle is so loud that the TV has to be switched off. When the TV is
switched back on again, it is fine until the crackle returns.

My 2 year old daughter has been playing with the ON/OFF switch on the front
of the TV so I suspect that it may have something to do with the fault.

Any ideas?

Jerry G.

This has nothing to do with the on/off switch. A defective power switch will
effect the complete operation of the set.

This can be from a cold solder connection on the circuit board or at a
connection, and or a component in the audio path that is failing. You should
get it attended to before it fails completely, thus adding to the repair
cost, because other components can also damaged.

The tech will most likely find the fault by jigging the chassis up on his
work bench, waiting for the fault to occur, and trace it through with a
scope to find where the fault is occurring. He may first do a close
inspection for any possible cold solder connections, or poor contacts.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Mike" wrote in message
I have a 32" Sharp widescreen TV which is approx 3 years old.

Recently it has developed a problem with the sound.

After a few minutes (between 5 - 20 mins) of viewing there is a loud
crackle which sounds like static coming from both speakers. The picture
is fine but the crackle is so loud that the TV has to be switched off.
When the TV is switched back on again, it is fine until the crackle
returns.

My 2 year old daughter has been playing with the ON/OFF switch on the
front of the TV so I suspect that it may have something to do with the
fault.

Any ideas?

Jeff Rigby

"Mike" wrote in message
I have a 32" Sharp widescreen TV which is approx 3 years old.

Recently it has developed a problem with the sound.

After a few minutes (between 5 - 20 mins) of viewing there is a loud

crackle
which sounds like static coming from both speakers. The picture is fine

but
the crackle is so loud that the TV has to be switched off. When the TV is
switched back on again, it is fine until the crackle returns.

My 2 year old daughter has been playing with the ON/OFF switch on the

front
of the TV so I suspect that it may have something to do with the fault.

Any ideas?

Sounds like audio out IC.