Ron Hubbard

Default My Haunted DVD

Hi, All;

I bought a cheap-ass DVD player from Radio Shack (hey, it was on sale)
last year, but I only just started using it a couple of months ago.
For seemingly no reason it locks on to certain tracks that can't be
cleared without turning off all power to it, and every once in a
while, the power light will turn on and the drawer will open itself,
then a little later close itself.

The power on indicator uses a dual color LED, I think, and
when the player is not in use the indicator flicks between
orange for no power, and green. Besides being a piece
of Radio Shack junk to begin with, does anybody know
what's going on with this demented DVD player?

Ron

--
"My life is a Testament to all the things I can do-- when I don't
listen to other people."

NSM

"Ron Hubbard" wrote in message
| Hi, All;
|
| I bought a cheap-ass DVD player from Radio Shack (hey, it was on sale)
| last year, but I only just started using it a couple of months ago.
| For seemingly no reason it locks on to certain tracks that can't be
| cleared without turning off all power to it, and every once in a
| while, the power light will turn on and the drawer will open itself,
| then a little later close itself.
|
| The power on indicator uses a dual color LED, I think, and
| when the player is not in use the indicator flicks between
| orange for no power, and green. Besides being a piece
| of Radio Shack junk to begin with, does anybody know
| what's going on with this demented DVD player?

I am convinced to this day that somewhere in China someone is saying, "These
things are crap. Who are we going to sell them to?"

And someone else is replying, "No worries, we'll sell them to Radio Shack.
If they won't buy them we'll license the RCA brand logo and stick that on
them".

LASERandDVDfan

I bought a cheap-ass DVD player from Radio Shack (hey, it was on sale)
last year, but I only just started using it a couple of months ago.

Giving the brand and model of your player would have been a great way to help
us help you.

Besides being a piece
of Radio Shack junk to begin with, does anybody know
what's going on with this demented DVD player?

It could be that the player had a bad firmware write at the factory where it
was made.

Try to exchange it with the folks at RadioShack. They are usually very good
about consumer exchanges.

If not, and you want to replace the player. My recommended brands would be
Sony, Pioneer, and JVC. - Reinhart
NSM

"LASERandDVDfan" wrote in message
| I bought a cheap-ass DVD player from Radio Shack (hey, it was on sale)
| last year, but I only just started using it a couple of months ago.
|
| Giving the brand and model of your player would have been a great way to
help
| us help you.
|
| Besides being a piece
| of Radio Shack junk to begin with, does anybody know
| what's going on with this demented DVD player?
|
| It could be that the player had a bad firmware write at the factory where
it
| was made.
|
| Try to exchange it with the folks at RadioShack. They are usually very
good
| about consumer exchanges. ...

If you get no satisfaction at the store, ask for the name / phone number of
the district manager. Complain to him. If that doesn't work, repeat with the
regional manager. Usually they'll do something just to make you go away.
I've seen it happen many times.