Snidely

Default Haunted picture frame

The wife had a large picture framed, brought home and hung on the wall. Now
at times, when it is quiet, I'm sitting there reading and It starts a click,
click, click sound with a few seconds between clicks. WTF? I don't believe
in the boogey man and my house didn't make settling sounds before. Do
pictures settle?

Edwin Pawlowski

"Snidely" wrote in message
The wife had a large picture framed, brought home and hung on the wall.
Now
at times, when it is quiet, I'm sitting there reading and It starts a
click,
click, click sound with a few seconds between clicks. WTF? I don't believe
in the boogey man and my house didn't make settling sounds before. Do
pictures settle?

Could be some expansion and/or contraction going on. Could take a day or two
to reach equilibrium with the room. Is there a glass or canvas that is
tight fitting?

Could be haunted though. I have a framed mirror that scares the hell out of
me every time I look into it.

MUADIB®

The wife had a large picture framed, brought home and hung on the wall. Now
at times, when it is quiet, I'm sitting there reading and It starts a click,
click, click sound with a few seconds between clicks. WTF? I don't believe
in the boogey man and my house didn't make settling sounds before. Do
pictures settle?

Disassemble the picture from frame and check for insects that might be
making the sound, trapped somehow. Sometimes things are that simple.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Jeff Wisnia

MUADIB® wrote:
The wife had a large picture framed, brought home and hung on the wall. Now
at times, when it is quiet, I'm sitting there reading and It starts a click,
click, click sound with a few seconds between clicks. WTF? I don't believe
in the boogey man and my house didn't make settling sounds before. Do
pictures settle?

Disassemble the picture from frame and check for insects that might be
making the sound, trapped somehow. Sometimes things are that simple.

I second the insect idea, but I doubt if disassembling it will let you
find them.

Maybe 50 years ago my mom bought a piece of imported asian furniture
which made clicking sounds like that. After several months we found a
small amount of fine sawdust on the floor in front of it. Tracing up
from the sawdust we saw a hole maybe 3/32" diameter, but no sign of the
bug. We never heard from it again.

The hole got filled with one of those nail hole filling crayons.

You might try calling an exterminator and seeing if they offer a
process, like putting the piece in a gas chamber, which can kill bugs
inside the wood.

HTH,

Jeff

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Ron

There is a small wood boring beetle called the death watch beetle ( name
derived from superstitious medieval times) that bores into hard wood and
makes a clicking noise to attract a mate. As one poster suggested, check for
powder deposits and small bore holes in the wood.
Ron

ff Wisnia" wrote in message
MUADIB® wrote:
[...]

Snidely

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"Snidely" wrote in message
The wife had a large picture framed, brought home and hung on the wall.
Now
at times, when it is quiet, I'm sitting there reading and It starts a
click,
click, click sound with a few seconds between clicks. WTF? I don't

believe
in the boogey man and my house didn't make settling sounds before. Do
pictures settle?

Could be some expansion and/or contraction going on. Could take a day or

two
to reach equilibrium with the room. Is there a glass or canvas that is
tight fitting?

Could be haunted though. I have a framed mirror that scares the hell out

of
me every time I look into it.

I have one of those mirrors as well : )

Thanks for all the help. After the talk of bugs, I went over and listened
when it started clicking. Could not locate, sounds like it comes off the
front glass which is actually plastic. When I push on the front gently, I
can make the same clicks. I guess it expands and contracts making the
sounds.
Thanks