jack morantz

Default CD player drawer malfunction

The drawer loading belt on my machine is badly worn. The motor continues to
run when the drawer is fully open. I cannot identify any type of 'drawer
open' limit switch. There is however what appears to be a mechanical stop
with a copper tab that contacts the drawer in the fully open position.
There are no wires connected to this tab. I have identified the 'drawer
closed' limit switch, and it is functioning properly. I thought that the
'drawer open' state might be detected by over-current to the motor, but
momententarily stalling the motor does not switch it off. This is a 20 year
old machine (NAD 5255) with the old style drawer comprising the entire drive
and laser assemblies. Any help would be appreciated.

Isaac Wingfield

In article ,
"jack morantz" wrote:

The drawer loading belt on my machine is badly worn. The motor continues to
run when the drawer is fully open. I cannot identify any type of 'drawer
open' limit switch. There is however what appears to be a mechanical stop
with a copper tab that contacts the drawer in the fully open position.
There are no wires connected to this tab. I have identified the 'drawer
closed' limit switch, and it is functioning properly. I thought that the
'drawer open' state might be detected by over-current to the motor, but
momententarily stalling the motor does not switch it off. This is a 20 year
old machine (NAD 5255) with the old style drawer comprising the entire drive
and laser assemblies. Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe it just runs for a specific time and then shuts off? Remove the
belt and then press the "open" button and see what happens.

Isaac
Tim Schwartz

Jack,

There appears to be a pair of leaf switches on the rear right side of
the mechanism, and one of these is called the limit switch on the
diagram. The other is called the close switch. The NAD part number for
the belt is 25755599 in case you want to contact Lenbrook Industries
(www.nadelectronics.com) about getting one.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics