jack morantz

Default CD player drawer malfunction

The drawer loading belt on my machine is badly worn. The motor continues to
run when the drawer is fully open. I cannot identify any type of 'drawer
open' limit switch. There is however what appears to be a mechanical stop
with a copper tab that contacts the drawer in the fully open position.
There are no wires connected to this tab. I have identified the 'drawer
closed' limit switch, and it is functioning properly. I thought that the
'drawer open' state might be detected by over-current to the motor, but
momententarily stalling the motor does not switch it off. This is a 20 year
old machine (NAD 5255) with the old style drawer comprising the entire drive
and laser assemblies. Any help would be appreciated.