Jean-Pierre Dube

Default Sony 60" CRT projection - needs repair

I have a 60" Sony CRT projection T.V. with built in DTS sound about 6 years
old that had the bottom 6 inches flooded.

You can't tell to look at the unit that it flooded but it won't work.

I'd be interested in trading it for some speaker componets crossover/etc to
fix up some speaker boxes I have.

I'm sure someone who knows how to fix TV's could get this unit working like
new.

JP

James Sweet

"Jean-Pierre Dube" wrote in message
Sorry. I can't seem to find where I posted this before.

I'm sure this unit has many valuable parts that did not see any water.

JP

Dry it out very well, inspect carefully for corrosion, I've fixed
electronics that got flooded on several occasions, if they were unplugged at
the time there's usually little damage.

Art

True James, but it depends a lot on just how long the item has been
submerged and if anyone cared to clean it out properly after the water and
debris actually were removed. Also quite dependent on what type of materials
were in the water, some materials are quite corrosive, etc. especially if
not cleaned off in an expedient professional matter.