biermike

Default Hitachi 27CX5B Power Down

If anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand. I have a Hitachi 27CX5B that
randomly powers down. The set will not restart for 30 to 40 mins after
power off.

Any Ideas?

Jem Berkes

If anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand. I have a Hitachi 27CX5B
that randomly powers down. The set will not restart for 30 to 40 mins
after power off.

First (and easiest) thing to check would be the power source the device is
connected to. Is the power good? Sufficient mains voltage? Any strange
transients, if on a circuit with lots of other electronics such as CRTs,
printers, etc?

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.sysdesign.ca/
biermike

Thanks Jem. The power supply is good. This problem happened first at a
different location and now at my house. The screen collapses to a thin
vertical line for a second then the unit powers off. Real curious. Had a
service person look at the set but he could find no problem. Any further
suggestions?

Master TV

"biermike" wrote in message alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
If anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand. I have a Hitachi 27CX5B that
randomly powers down. The set will not restart for 30 to 40 mins after
power off.

Any Ideas?

Dollars to donuts you got bad solder connections and/or dry caps in powersupply
Rono

Try soldering the vertical IC, & check the electrolytic
capacitors around the IC. This may be why it shuts
down! Check soldering in the power supply also!
Rono.

"biermike" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment
..com...
If anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand. I have a Hitachi 27CX5B that
randomly powers down. The set will not restart for 30 to 40 mins after
power off.

Any Ideas?

David

First and foremost, apply the service bulletin to the ABL shutdown
circuit. Involves adding a .47uf capacitor somewhere. Look at
Hitachi's service site to all the details.

Then if that doesn't do it, time to hook up your multi-channel DSO to
critical test points to monitor what is happening when the tv
shutsdown. This is assuming standard tv troubleshooting does not turn
up anything on the edge of a problem.

David

"biermike" wrote in message alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
If anyone would be so kind as to lend a hand. I have a Hitachi 27CX5B that
randomly powers down. The set will not restart for 30 to 40 mins after
power off.

Any Ideas?

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:03:00 -0400, "biermike" wrote:

Thanks Jem. The power supply is good. This problem happened first at a
different location and now at my house. The screen collapses to a thin
vertical line for a second then the unit powers off. Real curious. Had a
service person look at the set but he could find no problem. Any further
suggestions?

Vertical as in top-to-bottom? If so, you have a bad
connection/component in the horizontal deflection circuit.

Tom
john

The cap of the HOT burns up on these.

kip

How does a 110volt 2 speed motor work 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 11 October 11th 04 09:15 PM
Quality Of Tools cisco kid UK diy 145 June 14th 04 01:56 PM
need help tracing power circuit on laptop railroadrum Electronics Repair 7 April 16th 04 09:02 PM
Power cost of idle electric water heater Phil Sherrod Home Ownership 50 April 2nd 04 04:55 PM
Computer power supply compatiility My father's son Electronics Repair 15 January 16th 04 11:13 PM