Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jem Berkes

Default TV stopped responding after RCA universal remote

I posted about this earlier (Hitachi CT7883) with the original Video Brain
Remote Transmitter CLU-600PR which broke down over time. The Hitachi VCR
remote control, however, could still control the television perfectly!

But * after * trying an RCA universal remote, the television stopped
responding entirely to even the good remote control. Now I have obtained a
factory remote replacement as per Hitachi's tech support and even this can
not control the television set. The TV stopped responding to remote
controls.

I'm quite certain that the programming efforts of the universal remote put
the TV into a bad state. If I can clear the nonvolatile memory somehow,
this should fix things. But even leaving the TV unplugged had no success.

Any ideas? Is there anything else I can do, short of calling in a repair
person to look at a 13 year old TV set?

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.sysdesign.ca/