Leonard Caillouet

Default Yamaha EMX-200VCD schematic

This one is a gray market unit sold by Karaoke Whse. They no longer support
the product. It was never sold by Yamaha in the US so they have no info on
it. KWhse sold their service info and parts to a company in Paducah, KY
that went out of business. I believe the name was Electrosound or
Electrasound. If anyone has any info on this unit or this company, I have a
unit that I need to troubleshoot and it would be nice to have a schematic.

It seems to have some issues with the micro. I have oscilation and the unit
usually works, except you can't set the clock and it will not switch the
logic to the video switching ICs (BA7612N). I have not traced the lines all
the way back to the micro yet, as this is a royal PITA. Because of the
clock issue and the fact that it is intermittently not working at all, I
suspect a bad micro anyway. Any suggestions or data would be appreciated.

Must be my week for wierd stuff.

Leonard

lostinspacetoo

Leonard;

I have a Yamaha EMX-200VCD unit that I purchased from a Karoake place in
Ohio, and you are absolutely correct about the lack of technical data to
support any repair. Anyway, my unit is about 2 years old and everything
works fine except the video ... I can't get the video to work on any VCD's
or VCG's. It had always worked fine, and we have not had any electrical
storms, etc. So, I think the kids may have changed something with the
video feed from either the unit or the remote. Are you aware of any
toggle involving the video feed that may be a simple solution for my
situation? I would greatly appreciate any information you may have on how
I could get this until to work again (video)... Thanks in advance. John

Leonard Caillouet

The one that I had in the shop had a similar problem. It was not switching
the video out properly. I could pick up the video before the switching IC
but the signals were never getting to it from the micro to operate it. The
functions were erratic in other areas as well. Eventually, it died
completely. I suspect a bad micro but never got any schematic to go deeper
into it and it was not worth the time to try to track it down without it.

Post your result or if you find some data on the unit, please.

Leonard

lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...