Pgonshor

Default Yamaha AVC-50 schematic PLEASE!

Yamaha has totally ignored my 3 requests to provide a schematic (someone
claimed they charge you $18 anyway). Yamaha audio sets are not in Sams.
Someone suggested I checked the crystal (remote receiver not operating). I
don't believe an IR receiver uses a crystal. Surely, someone has a schematic
for this set. I will be glad to pay costs, of course. Thanks for any and all
help. I'm stuck without a schematic.

Regards,
Dave
JESSIE TAYLOR

I am a service center and can get it for you jus give me a call on tuesday
and we can see what we can do.

JESSIE TAYLOR
THE VIDEO DOCTOR
760-949-3122
"Pgonshor" wrote in message
Yamaha has totally ignored my 3 requests to provide a schematic (someone
claimed they charge you $18 anyway). Yamaha audio sets are not in Sams.
Someone suggested I checked the crystal (remote receiver not operating).

don't believe an IR receiver uses a crystal. Surely, someone has a

schematic
for this set. I will be glad to pay costs, of course. Thanks for any and

all
help. I'm stuck without a schematic.

Regards,
Dave

Pgonshor

They have not responded to four requests for information from their website.
So, I took your advice and called them. They can provide the schematic for
$18. Kinda steep if you ask me.
Dave
Mark D. Zacharias

Obviously you don't buy many manuals.

mz

$18. Kinda steep if you ask me.

"Pgonshor" wrote in message
They have not responded to four requests for information from their

website.
So, I took your advice and called them. They can provide the schematic

for
$18. Kinda steep if you ask me.
Dave

Leonard Caillouet

So true, Mark. That Pioneer SD-P50A5K manual that I need is about a hundred
bucks. Yamaha is one of the more reasonable manufacturers. $18 is the
retail price, too.

Leonard.

"Pgonshor" wrote in message
They have not responded to four requests for information from their

website.
So, I took your advice and called them. They can provide the schematic

for
$18. Kinda steep if you ask me.
Dave

Pgonshor

Used to be you could go to your local library, look it up in Sams and get it
for the price of a few sheets on a copy machine. A hundred buck is
unreasonable, and so is 18 bucks to save something that is worth less than
that.
Dave
Mark D. Zacharias

Libraries are supposed to police such copying. Not that they usually do,
though.

More and more of our service literature is downloaded on PDF's or some other
electronic media. The manufacturers simply feel that running a publishing
business is an expense, not a profit-center.
Blame the "Low Wal-Mart Price" mentality for this. If not for this, your
AVC-50 would be worth well over the 18.00.

Mark Z.

"Pgonshor" wrote in message
Used to be you could go to your local library, look it up in Sams and get

it
for the price of a few sheets on a copy machine. A hundred buck is
unreasonable, and so is 18 bucks to save something that is worth less than
that.
Dave

jakdedert

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Libraries are supposed to police such copying. Not that they usually
do, though.

More and more of our service literature is downloaded on PDF's or
some other electronic media. The manufacturers simply feel that
running a publishing business is an expense, not a profit-center.
Blame the "Low Wal-Mart Price" mentality for this. If not for this,
your AVC-50 would be worth well over the 18.00.

Mark Z.

The manufacturers don't have to 'run a publishing business.' The manual
exists, make it available. No need to print it these days, just point to it
on your website. The reason they don't do this is to restrict access to the
information so that they *can* charge the big bucks...and to encourage folks
to ditch their old gear and buy new.

jak