Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ampapa

Default Sony STR-DE635 recieiver won't power up

First off I'd like to say, "Hello." to the group. I hope I can gain
some knowledge from the group's collective input.

I have a Sony STR-DE635 stereo receiver that will not turn on and I
would like to investigate into maybe seeing if I can repair it. I
found a set of schematics on this site which I believe will
definitely help.(http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.php?what=search2)

I'm guessing but I think that the problem is related to the power
supply? On p.13 of this .PDF manual it has an A/C and D/C schematic,
this receiver has a seperate board for each. I probed the A/C board
and found that it has voltage out to the "Digital" board of a little
over 12 volts but when I try to test the pins on CNV902 I thought I
should be getting appx. 110 A/C but only get appx. 2? CNV902 is a
simple 2 wire connector leading directly to a transformer.

My common sense is telling me that why would I need a transformaer
the size of Kansas for only 2 volts A/C? So, I'm guessing this might
have something to do with it? I could be in left field due to my lack
of knowledge and inexperience, that's why I'm hoping you guy's/girl's
can shed some light.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints you can provide.