Luc April

Default Sony DVP-C600D power supply

Hi,
I have a Sony DVP-C600D 5 DVD disk changer and I think the power supply is
dead. When I plug the unit, the only thing player do is making a stident
sound, possibly a leaking condenser or something like that. As I don't know
which one is defective, I want to change them all but there's a lot of
them. I saw VCR power supply repair kit on Studio Sound website and I want
to know if thre's a compgny that do the same with DVD players, or a place
that I can send the part list from the service manual and they can find
them all for under 100 bucks (that's the price Sony is asking for the
complete power supply board). The power board no is HS-934SU and here is
the part list:

CAPACITOR
!C101 1-115-165-11 FILM 0.1uF 250V
!C102 1-115-165-11 FILM 0.1uF 250V
!C103 1-113-903-51 CERAMIC 1000PF 250V
!C104 1-113-903-51 CERAMIC 1000PF 250V
!C107 1-113-900-51 CERAMIC 470PF 250V
!C108 1-113-900-51 CERAMIC 470PF 250V
C110 9-880-434-01 ELECT 270uF 250V
C114 1-170-967-11 ELECT 1uF 400V
C211 1-111-087-11 ELECT 330uF 35V
C212 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C213 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C214 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C301 1-126-960-11 ELECT 1uF 50V
C311 1-111-087-11 ELECT 330uF 35V
C312 1-111-087-11 ELECT 330uF 35V
C313 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C314 1-126-948-11 ELECT 100uF 35V
C315 1-126-954-11 ELECT 10uF 50V
C411 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C511 1-136-942-11 ELECT 1000uF 25V
C512 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C513 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C514 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
C611 1-111-090-11 ELECT 560uF 35V
C612 1-126-947-11 ELECT 47uF 35V
DIODE
D101 8-719-064-12 DIODE S1NB60
D104 8-719-109-57 DIODE RD2.4ESB2
D105 9-980-073-01 DIODE 1SS270A
D106 9-880-435-01 DIODE D1N60
D109 9-880-435-01 DIODE D1N60
D211 8-719-510-17 DIODE S2LA20
D212 8-719-100-90 DIODE RD24EB2
D311 8-719-500-50 DIODE D3S4M
D312 9-980-073-01 DIODE 1SS270A
D313 8-719-109-60 DIODE RD2.7ESB2
D511 8-719-510-17 DIODE S2LA20
D611 8-719-500-50 DIODE D3S4M
IC
IC301 8-759-420-19 IC AN1431T
IC611 9-880-436-01 IC PQ3RD13
COIL
!L101 1-424-117-11 COIL,CHOKE 18mH
PROTECTOR
!P211 1-533-589-11 PROTECTOR (750mA/60V)
!P311 1-533-593-11 PROTECTOR (2A/60V)
!P312 1-533-589-11 PROTECTOR (750mA/60V)
!P511 1-533-589-11 PROTECTOR (750mA/60V)
PHOTO COUPLER
PC101 8-749-010-59 COUPLER, PHOTO TLP721F
TRANSISTOR
Q101 9-880-437-01 TRANSISTOR 2SK2789
Q102 8-729-024-00 TRANSISTOR 2SC3377
Q103 9-880-437-01 TRANSISTOR 2SK2789
Q211 9-880-439-01 TRANSISTOR 2SJ488
Q311 8-729-921-42 TRANSISTOR 2SA1679
Q312 8-729-920-69 TRANSISTOR 2SC1740S
Q511 9-880-440-01 TRANSISTOR 2SK2279
Q512 8-729-920-67 TRANSISTOR 2SA933S
RESISTOR
R152 1-219-121-21 FUSIBLE 0.22 1/4W
Jerry G.

I would suggest you all the Sony service rep and let them fix your player.
These are fairly complex to service, and you can end up spending a lot of
time and some dollars on it, and still not accomplish anything. At least
with a proper estimate, you can determine if the unit is worth to service or
not. When serviced, they will give you some type of warranty for the work
done.

The way to approach this is to have the service manual, and follow it
through with your DVM and scope to determine the area of the fault
condition. It takes a lot of experience to properly service these. Listing a
whole slew of components is not going to tell anyone anything, without the
proper data about what is actually going on in the player.

In the power supply itself there are a fair amount of condensers, but the
skilled tech is not going to replace them all. He is going to determine the
defective ones, and only replace what has to be done. Your list of parts,
will exceed the purchase price of a new player, if you were to follow
through!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG