Art

Default Degausser Switch

Normally it is a temperature sensitive thermistor, either two or three pin
device, also probably a relay and switching transistor. Normal failure is
the thermistor and possibly the relay, normally the transistor that controls
the relay is not a problem. Following the pcb leads back from the degauss
coil connector will take you directly to the thermistor and relay. Any Sony
parts supplier will be able to supply the needed parts with just the relay
and thermistor location numbers from the marking on the pcb.
"PaPaPeng" wrote in message
Sometime ago the advice on my 27" SONY TV (model KV27T530) color
problem was that the degausser switch failed. What is the part
number? What kind of switch is it? Is there a generic one I can buy
from the parts shop. I'd like to have the part in hand before I open
up the TV. (I had done DIY repairs on TV sets before and won't get
myself fried.)

Thanks.

Art

Follow the traces back from the DGS coil connection, they will lead you to
the DGS Thermistor and probably a relay. Also there may be a transistor
involved that switches the appropriate relay off and on. Highly suspect are
the Thermistor and Relay. Any Sony Parts Supplier can cross reference the
pcb location numbers to the appropriate part number, give you the cost, and
supply them to you. .