Kirk

Default No picture on Sony KV-27S40

My Sony KV-27S40 has no picture both on TV and video. However, there is
audio. Power supply seems to be ok. There is high voltage. I saw some light
on picture some time. Is there any idea?

The Al Bundy

"Kirk" schreef in bericht
My Sony KV-27S40 has no picture both on TV and video. However, there is
audio. Power supply seems to be ok. There is high voltage. I saw some

light
on picture some time. Is there any idea?

Do you see some faint light comming from the screen in a dark room? Maybe
turn up the G1 voltage (just a bit, and remind the old setting) so you can
see this.
If so then check the RGB amplifiers for the picture tube. Possibly one of
them is bad. If everything checks out fine then check the picture tube.
Possibly a bad connection to a gun inside. Therefore the beam current is too
low and no RGB signal will be applied at the RGB amplifiers.

It took me a while to find it out with a broken Sony TV. Finally I found out
that the CRT was bad. I could get a picture when I was touching (with a
probe from a oscilloscope) some connection at the RGB amplifiers, however,
the red gun was dead.

Al