XrX

Default Sony 41" intermittent convergence

I've never posted to a newsgroup (I'm the ultimate lurker), but I've
run into a problem with my 7 year old 41" Sony KP projection
television that has only seen about 4 hours of use per week. Maybe
someone here can offer advice...any of which is very, very much
appreciated.

For the last 3-4 months, the television would occasionally drop out of
convergence (the red image would drop about 6 inches and bow some).
Turning the television off and on would fix it most of the time. More
recently, it started happening and it would persist. When turning on
the television a thin greenish bend appears in the top 1/2" of the
screen when it doesn't work.

So, I pulled the television out and unplugged my X-Box, Tivo, ect and
set it aside. In an effort to get a picture of it, my kids and wife
used it for 6-8 hours and it never did it again. Strange. The picture
still looks good.

Does anyone have any thoughts from here? I'm willing to open it and
solder loose connections if that might be the case but I wasn't sure
if that could be it.

Thanks!
HC