juice28

Default Sony KP-61XBR200 convergence ideas?

HI all,

I recently worked on a customers 61" Sony KP-61xbr200 and although I made
great progress I was hoping someone has seen this problem before I spent
countless hours on this thing

Intial Symptom : Dead Set with high voltage arcing.

Repair - Found Flyback arcing so replaced Flyback.

Symptom - Unit would then click, give high voltage and then shut down. Unit
blinked 8 times on the led meaning audio problem.

Repair - Found shorted TDA7265 on audio board and replaced

Unit now turns on and has video and sound, but convergence is horrible.

Press auto convergence on the front of the TV and gives E12B error with no
effect on convergence. I do not have a service manual for this unit so I am
unfortunatly note able to use this info to isolate a problem.

Entered Service mode and tried to adjust convergence with no effect.

If anyone has a service manual and can give an explanation of this E12B
error that would great or even better if they have incountered this problem
and have a general area to look at that would be of great help. I encounter
few projection sets and unfortunalty have little experience with them. This
unit is also much newer then the units I typically get called out for.

Please no general answers. I am looing for a person that is familiar with
this set and symptom.

Thanks for any and all help.

Fred

David

Digital convergence is missing the hsync or vsync pulse, probably a related
failure to the flyback.

Strongly suggest you buy the service manual as there are likely other
failures and things you will need to do when finished.

Do not foget Sony sells the adjustment manual separate from the service
manual which contains the schematics.

juice28 wrote in message
[...]

juice28

Dave,

I got ahold of a schematic and I see no Hsync or Vsync going to the
digital convergence (The schematic calls it digital registration). I do see
Hblank and Vblank is this what you meant? This is a very complex TV from
what I am used to (I'll take the direct view any day any more specifics
would greatly help. It will take me a couple days just to digest whats going
on in this schematic.

Thanks,

Fred

juice28 wrote in message
[...]

juice28

After taking the Digital Convergence (DB board) board out of the set and
trying it. The symptoms were exactly the same. Tested all the voltages to
the BD board and found R +5 missing? This is pin 2 on CN523 of the A board.
I have to follow the yellow brick road around the schematic and see what the
problem with this is

Fred

"David" wrote in message
Yes, those are the same thing.