Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default tests to do on used oscilloscope?

After selling off a prior oscilloscope nearly two decades ago, I decided
to pick up another used one. I have forgotten most of the functions.
This is a used two channel 30 Mhz Elenco S-1325. I can return if it
fails my testing.

All I did so far use a coax t adapter between an RF signal generator and
a 50 ohm dummy load to channel the remaining side into one of the scope
channels. I then set it for 28 Mhz and 100,000 uV output. After some
fiddling, mainly because I forgot most functions, I finally got a nice
sine wave of the approximate frequency. What other functions might I
perform to make sure it is functioning ok?

Thanks.