Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Got The Balls For a Tek H Ssweep Problem ? 465B

I got to Q4497, it is not being triggered by wither the normal trigger or the auto.

I found (IIRC) Q4498 to be bad I think. With it in the end of the sweep switch is pretty much grounded all the time, I changed it and now it has voltage.

Regular trig and auto, seems like two problems but as we all know it is likely just one. The only thing I can see dong it to both is the lack of detection of the end of the ramp out the switch.

But where is that then ?

I understand the Miller type ramp generator and I understand the switch changing the rate of charge, or I think in this case discharge. But somewhere the circle is not complete.

Anyone familiar with this circuit or similar ? I am not completely stumped (yet) but I do not want this to take a year.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 21:28:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I got to Q4497, it is not being triggered by wither the normal trigger or the auto.

I found (IIRC) Q4498 to be bad I think. With it in the end of the sweep switch is pretty much grounded all the time, I changed it and now it has voltage.

Regular trig and auto, seems like two problems but as we all know it is likely just one. The only thing I can see dong it to both is the lack of detection of the end of the ramp out the switch.

But where is that then ?

I understand the Miller type ramp generator and I understand the switch changing the rate of charge, or I think in this case discharge. But somewhere the circle is not complete.

Anyone familiar with this circuit or similar ? I am not completely stumped (yet) but I do not want this to take a year.

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/messages

RL

Contact cleaner for TEK 465B? [email protected] Electronics Repair 16 November 11th 18 07:55 AM
Tek 465B bg Electronics Repair 13 November 11th 07 03:27 PM
Intensity ripple on Tek 465B Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 23 March 28th 06 03:46 AM
FA: *New* Tek 465B scope Ancient_Hacker Electronics Repair 11 August 27th 05 06:06 AM
tek 465b scope problem Aaron Kentucky Electronics Repair 10 March 10th 04 07:30 PM