Ancient_Hacker

Default FA: *New* Tek 465B scope

For Auction: A *New* Tekttronix 465B oscilloscope:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:L:DS:US:8

( To the best of our knowledge, it's been used less than one hour, see
link for the fascinating details )

carneyke

A 30 year old instrument used less than an hour ! I have a bridge in
Brooklyn.....................

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
carneyke wrote:
A 30 year old instrument used less than an hour ! I have a bridge in
Brooklyn.....................

Possibly. But if it's working to spec it's still a fine 'scope. At the
right price. Wouldn't be without mine...

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Jim Yanik

"carneyke" wrote in
ups.com:

A 30 year old instrument used less than an hour ! I have a bridge in
Brooklyn.....................

I suppose it's possible;there was a company that had bought mil surplus
Fluke 5200A AC calibrators and was selling them,they had been bought by the
USG and stored in warehouses,unused,new in box.

Now the fact that this 465B is without cabinet makes me wonder.
Every 465B was shipped with a cabinet.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
James Sweet

"Ancient_Hacker" wrote in message
oups.com...
For Auction: A *New* Tekttronix 465B oscilloscope:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:L:DS:US:8

( To the best of our knowledge, it's been used less than one hour, see
link for the fascinating details )

Bull****, it's not in the original packing, the packing isn't even present,
and they don't know where it's been for the last 20-30 years, it's *not* new
and to say it is is flat out lying. Nice scope yes, but new, no way.

Ancient_Hacker

Fellas, please read the whole auction posting before going off
half-cocked. A few of the above comments are uninformed.

tekman

Ancient_Hacker wrote:
Fellas, please read the whole auction posting before going off
half-cocked. A few of the above comments are uninformed.

Well, a nice Tek 465B scope.

These kind shows up here on the marketplaces in the same NOS conditon
1-2 scopes per week ansd sell for 100 - 150 $. All government
surplus. So, why making so many words & steam for a scope you can get
in same condition so easily and often?

hth,
Andreas

Ancient_Hacker

I know, it's a bit weird, but here's the history:

I've sold about 140 scopes over the last eight years. About 30 of them
were 465's. Almost all the 465's arrive in really worn condition--
bent knob shafts, missing or broken knobs, worn pushbutton markings,
scratched voltage selector markings, missing handles, scratchy pots,
worn dentents on the sweep speed knob, shorted tantalums, corroded
input attenuator plug-in pins, worn out fan motor, scratched CRT
graticule, dirt ground into the older porous CRT bezels, banged-up
cases, intermittent ac/dc/gnd switches, burnt-out graticule
illumination bulbs, dried-up power supply capacitors, half-open bridge
rectifiers, bent BNC jacks, and other horrors I'd rather not dredge up.

On the other hand, I've run across just TWO scopes in this like-new
condition. No others came even close to being in this condition..

The first new-like one also arrrived without a case or power cord.
That one, once I added a power cord and case, sold about two years ago
IIRC for $685, and the buyer was happy with the deal. Apparently
there are folks out there that see more value in these old but like-new
scopes. You of course are perfectly entitled to have your own
opinion!

Regards,

George

James Sweet

"tekman" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ancient_Hacker wrote:
Fellas, please read the whole auction posting before going off
half-cocked. A few of the above comments are uninformed.

Well, a nice Tek 465B scope.

These kind shows up here on the marketplaces in the same NOS conditon
1-2 scopes per week ansd sell for 100 - 150 $. All government
surplus. So, why making so many words & steam for a scope you can get
in same condition so easily and often?

hth,
Andreas

I don't know where you find them in that condition for $100, I paid close to
$300 for one in good but not perfect condition, granted it was a couple
years ago but most were selling for significantly more at the time. The 465B
is still one of the finest analog scopes ever made IMO.

On 25 Aug 2005 05:55:35 -0700, "Ancient_Hacker"
wrote:

[...]

I bought a 465 a while back on ebay for a buck, (granted, a 465m),
with "vertical attenuator problems". One of the vertical deflection
wires was broken. I love it though. I also have two t-935a's (one
good one and a junk one). Bought both for under 20 bucks. Love it
also. I don't really like digital storage scopes, but I haven't had
the chance to check out the digital phosphor scopes, anyone have any
opinions on these as compared to analog scopes? I want to know from
real world people if they're all they're cracked up to be.

Steve
Jim Yanik

"cajuncalibration" wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

465M is not related at all to the 465. It's closer to a 455.