L.

Default Science Fair Globe Patrol Radio (28-205)

Hi,

Found one of these at a flea market yesterday. It isn't dead, but seems to
need some attention. Squawks and squeals more than it receives. Anyone have
any info on it? Schematic, builders guide, etc?

There are 4 coil forms in the unit. 2 have slugs, 2 do not, though they have
threads. I'm wondering if they were empty as new or the slugs came out or
were removed......

This receiver has coverage in 4 bands from 550 KHz to 30 MHz. I know it may
not be the "best" receiver, but if I could get it going to listen to some SW
or Hams or whatever , this would be a handy little receiver to stuff in a
suitcase. It runs off of 6 volts via batteries or adaptor. I have somewhere
in my junk pile and unfinished CW QRP rig for 40 meters I believe. It was
99% finished, but due to other issues became a WAY back burner project.
Maybe I can match the two together for a "away from home" station.

Any info you can share????

Thanks,

L.

NSM

"L." wrote in message
io.net...
| UPDATE: Found a good bit of info including a schematic, still have a
couple
| questions, if you had/have one - you can help with.
| Thanks,

Used to own one - I built it from a kit. It's a regenerative circuit IIRC.

L.

Thanks for reply. However, I did a search for this radio and found a web
site just after writing in here. The same web site someone else offered
after the fact. I contacted the gentleman who has the web site and he was
kind enough to send me the whole manual via E-mail. So, I'm good to go. Now,
to find time to play with it and right any wrongs with it. I know there are
some bad connections to start with. Been busy as hell since I got the radio.
It will still be a nice toy to play with once gone over, for the price I
paid for it. It may not be the greatest, but if will give me some listening
pleasure when away from home.

L.

"NSM" wrote in message

"L." wrote in message
io.net...
| UPDATE: Found a good bit of info including a schematic, still have a
couple
| questions, if you had/have one - you can help with.
| Thanks,

Used to own one - I built it from a kit. It's a regenerative circuit IIRC.

ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory The Photographer Electronics Repair 0 June 3rd 04 11:40 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
ICs for Sale - Specials, obsolete and Memory Kristy Electronics Repair 2 April 14th 04 04:24 AM