Michele Smith

Default Canon Inkjet

Repost. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with troubleshooting the
paperfeed function? It won't engage the paperfeed during normal
operation or when the actual paperfeed button is pressed. Thanks. Mark.

LASERandDVDfan

Repost. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with troubleshooting the
paperfeed function? It won't engage the paperfeed during normal
operation or when the actual paperfeed button is pressed. Thanks. Mark.

Check to see if there are any obstructions in the paper feed path. Also, check
the condition of the rubber rollers for the paper feed. - Reinhart
Fred McKenzie

Repost. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with troubleshooting the
paperfeed function? It won't engage the paperfeed during normal
operation or when the actual paperfeed button is pressed.

Mark-

This may not apply to your printer. I have an Apple Color StyleWriter 2200
that is mechanically almost identical to the Canon BJC-70, 80 or 85. (I also
have the BJC-85.)

The CSW 2200 is notorious for paper feed problems. According to all I've read
in the newsgroups, the problem is basically rubber roller surfaces that have
become slick or glazed. Therefore they can not interact with paper to
push/pull/shove it to where it is supposed to go.

One approach to fixing the problem is to use an automotive product that is
intended for vinyl upholstery, steering wheels or rubber tires. I don't know
the name of such a product, but it is supposed to add back the plasticizer that
has been lost (absorbed by paper?) over time. It is reported to renew or
deglaze the rubber surfaces, giving them back their gripping capability. The
name "Renuzit" comes to mind, but may be a totally different product.

This is one of those projects I plan to do one of these days, but have never
gotten around to trying it with my old printer.

Fred