gothika

Default Viewsonic monitor repairs question

I have a Viewsonic monitor model G810.
I'm not getting any screen output at all.
Has anyone here any experience with these units and what goes out most
often on them?
Here are the details.

Viewsonic G810 (20inch monitor.)
Mod.# G810-2M
Chassis Family 21VS001
Ser# Q184052226

I get a power light when I turn it own and hear the relay click
inside, just nada on the screen.
It hasn't smoked or done any arcing etc...
Just thought I'd ask here before I start from scratch.
thanks for any assist.

Jerry G.

Just to start: Flyback, horiz output transistor, high ESR caps in many
areas, and other similar things that can go wrong with many types of
monitors.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"gothika" wrote in message
I have a Viewsonic monitor model G810.
I'm not getting any screen output at all.
Has anyone here any experience with these units and what goes out most
often on them?
Here are the details.

Viewsonic G810 (20inch monitor.)
Mod.# G810-2M
Chassis Family 21VS001
Ser# Q184052226

I get a power light when I turn it own and hear the relay click
inside, just nada on the screen.
It hasn't smoked or done any arcing etc...
Just thought I'd ask here before I start from scratch.
thanks for any assist.

gothika

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:23:54 -0400, "Jerry G."
wrote:

Just to start: Flyback, horiz output transistor, high ESR caps in many
areas, and other similar things that can go wrong with many types of
monitors.

Thanks Jerry.
I'll start with the flyback and the caps related to video output stage
first.(Most of the monitors I've fixed in the past have been flyback
issues.)
then maybe start checking transistors if that isn't it.

gothika

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 23:27:13 -0700, "Got2Go"
wrote:

Hello,
I believe the Flyback is the #1 issue in these monitors.

Thanks so much, I'll start there.
Got2Go

"gothika" wrote in message
.. .
I have a Viewsonic monitor model G810.
I'm not getting any screen output at all.
Has anyone here any experience with these units and what goes out most
often on them?
Here are the details.

Viewsonic G810 (20inch monitor.)
Mod.# G810-2M
Chassis Family 21VS001
Ser# Q184052226

I get a power light when I turn it own and hear the relay click
inside, just nada on the screen.
It hasn't smoked or done any arcing etc...
Just thought I'd ask here before I start from scratch.
thanks for any assist.

David

I have not seen one of that model that did not have a bad flyback.
Measure the resistance between the hv anode lead and the pins on the
flyback (all of them) they all should measure in the high Megaohms,
the ones I have seen bad all measured under 1 Mohm.

David