Leonard G. Caillouet

Default sources for CXA1477AS Sony pn 875206350

Has anyone found a recent supplier for these that is less expensive than
Sony or their typical distributors ($65.97)?

Tritronics has one for $59.89 but this is still pretty steep. We were
buying them for ~$25 a year or so ago but none of the suppliers that I have
checked seem to have them anymore.

Leonard

RonKZ650

Has anyone found a recent supplier for these that is less expensive than
Sony or their typical distributors ($65.97)?

Any generics of the chip are gone. I think you're stuck with the $60.
techforce

I think we got a Supplier of those in the Parts_Link group:

Anyone who is considering Joining, make sure you read an Email you get :
"approval.txt" and follow instructions in it, else you wont be considered.

"Leonard G. Caillouet" wrote in message
| Has anyone found a recent supplier for these that is less expensive than
| Sony or their typical distributors ($65.97)?
|
| Tritronics has one for $59.89 but this is still pretty steep. We were
| buying them for ~$25 a year or so ago but none of the suppliers that I
have
| checked seem to have them anymore.
|
| Leonard

RonKZ650

I thought about this a little more. It's funny this question would come from a
guy who dissed me for using non $30 Sony STRS6301A or not using original RCA
STK730-150s bought through RCA. You're the guy who insists on only factory
parts until now? You're going to put all our shops out of business if you do
this. (your words,not mine).
Good luck to you though.
Ron
Leonard G. Caillouet

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
I thought about this a little more. It's funny this question would come

from a
guy who dissed me for using non $30 Sony STRS6301A or not using original

RCA
STK730-150s bought through RCA.
You're the guy who insists on only factory
parts until now? You're going to put all our shops out of business if you

do
this. (your words,not mine).
Good luck to you though.
Ron

I think you have me mixed up with someone else. You need to check your
archives. I have repeatedly said on this forum and others that refusing to
use anything but parts from the manufacturer of the set is silly when you
can be confident that the parts from the OEM supplier are the same. I have
said that there are some items that are very risky and that mnay have had
bad results with, such as flybacks. I am the guy who specifically
recommends buying the infamous 2SC4834 transistors from Tritronics, B&D, or
Acme and NOT Sony.

In the case of the regulator ICs that you mentioned, I have never recomended
against using "generics", and do so all the time.

In the case of the CXA1477AS, there were Sony versions that were imported
through a different supply line than Sony direct that were less expensive.
IIRC, they were from a different plant, but were in Sony packaging.

Check your facts.

Leonard