David Morrison

Default KOSS parts

My KOSS KS2503 Home Theatre died while watching a movie. I replaced the
fuse and it blew again. I would like to replace the power supply, but KOSS
won't sell it to me. Can anyone tell me where I can get KOSS parts?

john

David Have you diagnosed the fault to find out what has blown the fuse ?
Parts should be available at many outlets that sell parts.

kip

David Morrison

I haven't diagnosed exactly what component in the power suppy has blown it;
I was hoping to just get the whole power supply module to save aggrivation.
If I can't find the whole unit, I will try to remember what I learned in
college about diagnosing at component level. I would suspect a blown
diode, but when I test a couple of them in the circuit, they seem ok I
probably need to unsolder at least one side to get an accurate reading.
What are your thoughts?

"john" wrote in message
.. .
David Have you diagnosed the fault to find out what has blown the fuse ?
Parts should be available at many outlets that sell parts.

kip

john

Maybe try disconnecting components and then measure for shorts.
Check the Regulator,s or the Outputs, for the fuse to blow you definately
have a good short which should,nt be to hard to find.

kip

Mark D. Zacharias

"David Morrison" wrote in message
I haven't diagnosed exactly what component in the power suppy has blown

it;
I was hoping to just get the whole power supply module to save

aggrivation.
If I can't find the whole unit, I will try to remember what I learned in
college about diagnosing at component level. I would suspect a blown
diode, but when I test a couple of them in the circuit, they seem ok I
probably need to unsolder at least one side to get an accurate reading.
What are your thoughts?

"john" wrote in message
.. .
David Have you diagnosed the fault to find out what has blown the fuse

?
Parts should be available at many outlets that sell parts.

kip

It's entirely possible, even likely, that even if you could get a "power
supply" then replaced it, there would be no change - the fuse would still
blow. The most likely culprit in this situation is shorted output
transistors, and possibly some other small parts on one of the amp channels.

Mark Z.

L.

As I explained in a private e-mail, you may have a diode which is leaky and
may not show as a dead short - if you are testing it IN circuit. OR there
may be a shorted turn in the transformer. OR a leaky Electrolytic... In my
experience, I've found it best to check with a leg OUT.

L.

If I disconnect the power supply from the rest of the circuit, it still
blows the fuse in the power supply circuit.

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

"David Morrison" wrote in message
I haven't diagnosed exactly what component in the power suppy has

blown
it;
I was hoping to just get the whole power supply module to save

aggrivation.
If I can't find the whole unit, I will try to remember what I learned

in
college about diagnosing at component level. I would suspect a

blown
diode, but when I test a couple of them in the circuit, they seem ok

probably need to unsolder at least one side to get an accurate

reading.
What are your thoughts?

"john" wrote in message
.. .
David Have you diagnosed the fault to find out what has blown the

fuse
?
Parts should be available at many outlets that sell parts.

kip

It's entirely possible, even likely, that even if you could get a "power
supply" then replaced it, there would be no change - the fuse would

still
blow. The most likely culprit in this situation is shorted output
transistors, and possibly some other small parts on one of the amp

channels.

Mark Z.

David Morrison

It has a receiver. It is also a 5 disc DVD/MP3/CD player with surround
sound. I hate to toss it if I can fix it even though it only cost $150 and
the reviews for it are horrid and this is my third replacement before my 90
warranty expired. If I can keep the diagnostics in the power supply, I
would think it would be relatively easy to fix.

"Li Gangyi" wrote in message
izzit a receiver?? Might be some broken outputs...therefore causing the

fuse
to blow...

"David Morrison" wrote in message
I haven't diagnosed exactly what component in the power suppy has blown

it;
I was hoping to just get the whole power supply module to save

aggrivation.
If I can't find the whole unit, I will try to remember what I learned in
college about diagnosing at component level. I would suspect a

blown
diode, but when I test a couple of them in the circuit, they seem ok I
probably need to unsolder at least one side to get an accurate reading.
What are your thoughts?

.. .