Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Konika Minolta Magicolor 3300 fault

Normally, I would have just thrown this monster out. However, it was
given to me by a mate, along with a whole bunch of consumables. Then, of
course, I accidentally caused the thing to perform a test print. WOW!
Best colour laser printer I've ever seen. The internal firmware includes
some photographs and they are excellent. So, I'm gonna try to make it work.

Here's the problem. On multiple computers and different operating
systems, the same issue is reported. Windows reports that the printer is
out of paper. I loaded both bins with paper. Still no luck. Yet the
printer performs it's own test print.

Ideas?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Trevor Wilson wrote:
Normally, I would have just thrown this monster out. However, it was
given to me by a mate, along with a whole bunch of consumables. Then, of
course, I accidentally caused the thing to perform a test print. WOW!
Best colour laser printer I've ever seen. The internal firmware includes
some photographs and they are excellent. So, I'm gonna try to make it work.

Here's the problem. On multiple computers and different operating
systems, the same issue is reported. Windows reports that the printer is
out of paper. I loaded both bins with paper. Still no luck. Yet the
printer performs it's own test print.

Ideas?

The service manual is available online and has a pretty comprehensive
test for out of paper symptoms.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23/04/2020 9:11 am, JC wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:
Normally, I would have just thrown this monster out. However, it was
given to me by a mate, along with a whole bunch of consumables. Then,
of course, I accidentally caused the thing to perform a test print.
WOW! Best colour laser printer I've ever seen. The internal firmware
includes some photographs and they are excellent. So, I'm gonna try to
make it work.

Here's the problem. On multiple computers and different operating
systems, the same issue is reported. Windows reports that the printer
is out of paper. I loaded both bins with paper. Still no luck. Yet the
printer performs it's own test print.

Ideas?

The service manual is available online and has a pretty comprehensive
test for out of paper symptoms.

**Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I'll look around now.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:51:23 +1000: Trevor Wilson:

https://kmbs.konicaminolta.us/kmbs/s...s/user-manuals