Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default Konika Minolta Magicolor 3300 fault

Trevor Wilson wrote:
Normally, I would have just thrown this monster out. However, it was
given to me by a mate, along with a whole bunch of consumables. Then, of
course, I accidentally caused the thing to perform a test print. WOW!
Best colour laser printer I've ever seen. The internal firmware includes
some photographs and they are excellent. So, I'm gonna try to make it work.

Here's the problem. On multiple computers and different operating
systems, the same issue is reported. Windows reports that the printer is
out of paper. I loaded both bins with paper. Still no luck. Yet the
printer performs it's own test print.

Ideas?

The service manual is available online and has a pretty comprehensive
test for out of paper symptoms.