Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
JW

Default Salt air corrosion in electrical connections - how to prevent?

Hi all, I'm having a problem with corrosion in electrical connectors in a
marine application (my boat located in the Atlantic); the connectors are
located in free air, not under water or anything. Does anyone know of a
treatment I can apply to the connector's contacts to prevent this from
happening permanently? If not permanently, perhaps some kind of substance
I can apply on a scheduled basis? I'd rather not seal the connectors, as
some times I need to replace parts which include the wired connector to
the device.

Thanks for any help or insights!

JW

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
New Electrical Regs PoP UK diy 22 September 1st 03 08:41 PM
Forthcoming Building Regulations on electrical work (Part P) Andrew McKay UK diy 42 July 30th 03 08:05 AM