Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Here's the deal on that water heater

So I got clarification on the water heater situation. In the past
they had an instant on water heater and it was disliked. After a
kitchen remodel they looked once again at one of these but realized
that their new sink does not have a hole for another dispenser of any
type. So in order to get hot water fast they need a small water heater
that is inline with the regular hot water line and comes out of the
faucet. That's why the one in my shop intertested them so much,
because that's how I have it plumbed. This means that even if the hot
water isn't being used in the sink the water in the small tank may
cool enough to turn on the heating element while the diswasher is
running. That's why the need for something to prevent the heater from
coming on when the dishwasher is running.
Thanks to everybody who tried to convince me the desired relay
device wasn't needed but it still turns out that it is needed. So,
anybody know of one?
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I will let everyone else tell you why it won't work or otherwise.

HA HA HA

Nobody really knows how to do plumbing. you take that water heater and you can put it almost anywhere you want. now to your showers, you want a separate ¾" line to feed them all the way from the main. That way when someone flushes you don't get burnt. Well it usually isn't all that bad but it isn't pleasant. Still, a properly designed system does not do that.

Because people can't do this now they got valves that regulate the temperature for the shower. And they cost, when all you had to do was to run a separate cold from the main to all the showers.

Even then, to the hot at your sinks, dishwashers, tubs, washing machines, there will still be pipes with cold water in them. And when you stop using it that heat will go from the water into the house.

You want immediate, you said that. They make them. But they are not suited for like when you wash clothes. Made for intermittent use, ten loads of clothes and I bet real money they are history.

People used to take water from the river, run it back to the house and pot by pot heating up on the wood stove filling a large, wide barrel for someone to bathe. (three times a year whether they needed it or not)

They survived. If not we would not have been born.