Default HELP! With Sony CCD-FX310 Handycam

Hello Group:
Have the above unit in for some repair. First, seating of "power
switch" was not seated correctly and customer could not get it out of
the "Player" position and into the "Camera" position. We took it apart
and fixed it by re-seating switch correctly. Cleaned, etc. and the unit
worked just great! Gave it back to customer and within an
hour he returned it to say now it won't come on when switched to
"Camera" position... All else works fine. In checking it out, sure
enough, everything dead as a hammer in "Camera" position. Viewer won't
even light up.
Checked for leaking caps, bad ribbon cables and connections, etc.
but can't seem to isolate failure.
NOTE: If you switch it to "Camera" position then you HAVE to
switch it off and "eject" tape, before you can even turn it back on to
the "Player" position. What gives here? Any assistance would be
appreciated.
T.I.A.
Jim

NO! Mode switch is just fine... Also, all features work, can play tapes
fine... Just can't turn on the "Camera" (CCD) mode at all. All
voltages seem to be present, etc. Caps are okay as well. H-E-L-P!

Isildur's Bane wrote:

Jesus sounds like you totally screwed up the mode switch or something.
Reminds me of my old VCR when it got completely disassembled to be
repaired. All of a sudden I could not insert a tape or eject - and the
cylindrical switch gear was out of sync. Is that possible on that
unit?

IB