Electronics Repair (sci.electronics.repair) Discussion of repairing electronic equipment. Topics include requests for assistance, where to obtain servicing information and parts, techniques for diagnosis and repair, and annecdotes about success, failures and problems.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default GDO

Any one know how I choose a key fob clicker and wall mount key pad for an old Stanley model 3205 garage door opener?
It has a sticker with a five digit serial code. What is that serial code used for?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,375
Default GDO

On 17/05/2019 03:45, Elder Jones wrote:
Any one know how I choose a key fob clicker and wall mount key pad for an old Stanley model 3205 garage door opener?
It has a sticker with a five digit serial code. What is that serial code used for?


Ordering key fob replacements that match.

Personally, I'd redo the entire receiver circuit with something more
modern and secure.

--
Adrian C
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,783
Default GDO

On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:06:05 +0100, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Personally, I'd redo the entire receiver circuit with something more
modern and secure.


I'd assumed he meant "grid dip oscillator" - showing my age again.



--
This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via
the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other
protocols, whether for profit or not, is conditional upon a charge of
GBP10.00 per reproduction. Publication in this manner via non-Usenet
protocols constitutes acceptance of this condition.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 26
Default GDO

On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:53:32 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Fri, 17 May 2019 10:06:05 +0100, Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Personally, I'd redo the entire receiver circuit with something more
modern and secure.


I'd assumed he meant "grid dip oscillator" - showing my age again.


Ditto
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 125
Default GDO

If your time is of any value, I would go to a garage door company that sells Stanley; you are more likely to get the right thing on your first try, but may have to pay full retail. If your opener is old and obsolete, and the dealer does not have it, I would look on eBay (or go directly to eBay if you want to save some money and are confident you know what to get).
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chamberlain GDO is dead, again. toller Home Repair 1 January 16th 05 04:27 PM
Chattering screw-drive 3/4hp Craftsman GDO Ron Home Repair 6 December 2nd 04 02:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"