Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Update: Ansmann Energy 16 PSU

Hi all,

I reported a while back that my Ansmann Energy 16 multi-bay Nicad /
Nimh charger had stopped working and that I felt the fault was in the
SM psu.

Long short, I first replaced the main bridge rec diodes and an onboard
3A SB fuse and saw 300 or so Volts on the inboard side of the bridge,
I couldn't see anything worthwhile on the 4 PSU output plugs so
changed the PWM switches and opto isolators (as I had them and they
were cheap) but still nothing on the outputs.

So, not sure if the PSU had to be plugged back into the main boards to
work I tacked it back together and tried it again and it worked. ;-)

So, other than the known bad diode and fuse I'm not sure if anything
else had gone but it's working now ... so thanks to all those who
offered help and advice and hopefully this is another feather in the
'these things can sometimes be fixed so it's worth a go' cap. ;-)

Cheers, T i m