Chris hughes

Default Technics SU-CH900 Switching off

I have a Technics SU-CH900 which is an amplifier module from a mini
hi-fi. When I press the power button it frequently comes on then goes
straight back off again. I poseted here at the end of May. Recently,
I replaced two MA2C185 diodes and all is working fine now. However it
had also blown a T1.6A (glass miniature type)fuse. Now, I know enough
about fuses to know that this is a 1.6A time delay fuse, but it is
marked with four coloured markings (Blue,Red,Blue,Red) what do the
markings mean? I have substituted a T1A (glass mimiature type) fuse
that I had in my tool kit but I suppose I need to know if it will
offer enough ciruit protection.

Does anyone have any pointers. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong
newsgroup!

Many thanks.

ian_tech

Hi !! i have this unit to repair with the same problem and i want to know
wich diode you have change to solve that problem .
thanks

ian_tech

Hi !! i have this unit to repair with the same problem and i want to know
wich diode you have change to solve that problem .
thanks

szylak

hi I have a problem with the mimi stereo shutting down when I increase the
volume slightly. Could this be the same type of problem? The stereo will
play fine at lower volume but at higher volumes it shuts off. It is not a
speaker wire problem.

Mark D. Zacharias

Still could be wires - sorry but we can't see or check them.
Otherwise, maybe solder connections at or near the output IC(s) or a bad
output IC?

Mark Z.

lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...