Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default (OT) Would you pay $99.99 for a USED 1gb Flash Drive

wrote:

Am I missing something, (like gold plating)

Or do they really think someone is stupid enough to pay $100 for a USED
1gb flash drive?

PNY Mini Attache 1 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive.
Buy it Now for - Only $99.99 on Ebay

eBay item number: 131733242123

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-Mini-Att...-Drive-P-FD1GB
U3-MINI-RF-/131733242123?hash=item1eabe9c10b:g:nakAAOSwMHdXSMd O

And for an additional $15.99 you can get a one year warranty on it.
-WOW-

But at least the shipping is Free....

And it has a "Make an Offer" option.

I wonder if they would accept my offer of $1.00?

I'm tempted to do it....

I've got an old eBay listing on my wall at work, for two "Les Paul" oil-
paper capacitors for buy-it-now price of $145. These are the huge ones
about a half-inch diameter with color stripes. I don't even know how the
seller determined they were Les Paul capacitors, but that apparently made
them VERY special!

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 6/7/2017 2:58 PM, Jon Elson wrote:
I've got an old eBay listing on my wall at work, for two "Les Paul" oil-
paper capacitors for buy-it-now price of $145. These are the huge ones
about a half-inch diameter with color stripes. I don't even know how the
seller determined they were Les Paul capacitors, but that apparently made
them VERY special!

Because at the time the Les Paul guitars were made, they used the
Sprague Black Beauty caps.
They're crap, but these guys won't listen to reason. "Got'ta have 'em."

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---
http://www.avg.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jon Elson wrote:

------------------

I've got an old eBay listing on my wall at work, for two "Les Paul" oil-
paper capacitors for buy-it-now price of $145. These are the huge ones
about a half-inch diameter with color stripes. I don't even know how the
seller determined they were Les Paul capacitors, but that apparently made
them VERY special!

** Means they were extracted from a 1950s Gibson "Les Paul" guitar amplifier.

Commonly known as " bumble bee" caps.

I had a couple of leaky ones a while back and threw them out.

..... Phil
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

------------------

** Means they were extracted from a 1950s Gibson "Les Paul" guitar amplifier.

Commonly known as " bumble bee" caps.

I had a couple of leaky ones a while back and threw them out.

** Forgot the pic:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...g?v=1401926958

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:02:09 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison
wrote:

Phil Allison wrote:
** Means they were extracted from a 1950s Gibson "Les Paul" guitar amplifier.
Commonly known as " bumble bee" caps.
I had a couple of leaky ones a while back and threw them out.

** Forgot the pic:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/03...g?v=1401926958
.... Phil

Egads. They're everywhe
https://www.google.com/search?q=bumblebee+capacitor&tbm=isch

Eventually, they hatch into something else:
http://s72.photobucket.com/user/LPCustom/media/DSC03253.jpg.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

Jon Elson wrote:

------------------

I've got an old eBay listing on my wall at work, for two "Les Paul" oil-
paper capacitors for buy-it-now price of $145. These are the huge ones
about a half-inch diameter with color stripes. I don't even know how the
seller determined they were Les Paul capacitors, but that apparently made
them VERY special!

** Means they were extracted from a 1950s Gibson "Les Paul" guitar
amplifier.

Commonly known as " bumble bee" caps.

I had a couple of leaky ones a while back and threw them out.

SILLY you! You could have sold them for $75 each on eBay. How could anyone
know they DIDN'T come out of a Les Paul amp? The leakage is probably the
cause of that "Les Paul" sound.

Jon