Stephen K. Long

Default Help with Toshiba CF3072B

I am looking for help with a Toshiba 30" TV, model CF3072B. The problem is
with the top 10% of the picture. It has white lines across the first 40 -50
lines. I believe that one or more of the capacitors in the vertical or
horizontal circuit is bad. I'm hoping someone out there has an idea on which
one it maybe.

Stephen

Art

Especially the small caps near the vertical output and the similar one near
the jungle chip. I seem to remember they were either red or green in colour
but can't recall the value.
"David" wrote in message
Lots of them, replace all the vertical circuit related capacitors.
Do a Google groups search for Toshiba, vertical for the specifics.

"Stephen K. Long" wrote in message
ink.net...
I am looking for help with a Toshiba 30" TV, model CF3072B. The problem

is
with the top 10% of the picture. It has white lines across the first

40 -50
lines. I believe that one or more of the capacitors in the vertical or
horizontal circuit is bad. I'm hoping someone out there has an idea on

which
one it maybe.

Stephen

Leonard Caillouet

"David" wrote in message
Lots of them, replace all the vertical circuit related capacitors.
Do a Google groups search for Toshiba, vertical for the specifics.

Actually there are not likely to be that many, maybe a half dozen caps.
IIRC this one also has the potentiometer that needs to be cleaned thoroughly
and a cap or two in the p.s. that get bad. Note that on most of the
Toshibas, one of the caps in the vertical circuit (typically 3xx numbering)
is in the vicinity of the VCJ chip and sometimes gets missed if you don't
know the sets.

Rather than replacing all of the vertical circuit caps, you need to test
them properly, along with caps in other areas, and replace the bad caps in
the entire set if you want a reliable fix.

This set may have also had the infamous Sony sound module or the problems
with bad solder joints at the interface of the daughter-boards to the main
board.

Be sure to clean any electrolyte leakage off of the board and repair any
corroded traces.

Leonard