Bill

Default ELO Touchsystems ETC140C-75WB need help

I have an elo Touchsystems "AccuTouch TouchMonitor" model
ETC140C-75WB in for repair. This is a point-of-sale type
computer monitor with a built-in touch screen. Says it is
assembled in USA, but has some german-looking writing, asian
picture tube, etc.

It was in before and had a blown horizontal drive transistor.
I remember at the time I thought the drive circuit configuration
looked like it should be a MOSFET, but it had a 2SD667. I had a
2SD438 on hand and it worked. But a couple weeks later it is
back, this time with shorted HOT.

So now I'm thinking that I don't know where this thing has been
and someone may have put in the wrong transistor before I got
ahold of it, and I still think the circuit looks like it wants
a MOSFET, so maybe it's not switching properly and the output
is spending too much time in the linear zone and overheating.

Anyone have a schematic or parts list they can glance at and give
me a sanity check? The transistor in question is Q421. Someone
throw me a 2SK number or similar with SDG pinout? TIA.

techforce

In My Experiance, these are Hyundai equivalent monitor Chassis. Post an FCC
Id if you can.

Also, usually if you plug it into a Win 98 SE type PC, Windows will Auto
Detect it, and briefly flash the equivalent Hyundai Model Monitor that the
Chassis uses.
You may benefit by having that number too. You can always continue this over
on our Parts request board at:

http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/supportbbs/

And we can probably supply you eventually with a HOT, or a flyback if it
turns out thats whats killing the HOT. You may also want to Reflow the FBT
pins too , because that never hurts.

"Bill" wrote in message
| I have an elo Touchsystems "AccuTouch TouchMonitor" model
| ETC140C-75WB in for repair. This is a point-of-sale type
| computer monitor with a built-in touch screen. Says it is
| assembled in USA, but has some german-looking writing, asian
| picture tube, etc.
|
| It was in before and had a blown horizontal drive transistor.
| I remember at the time I thought the drive circuit configuration
| looked like it should be a MOSFET, but it had a 2SD667. I had a
| 2SD438 on hand and it worked. But a couple weeks later it is
| back, this time with shorted HOT.
|
| So now I'm thinking that I don't know where this thing has been
| and someone may have put in the wrong transistor before I got
| ahold of it, and I still think the circuit looks like it wants
| a MOSFET, so maybe it's not switching properly and the output
| is spending too much time in the linear zone and overheating.
|
| Anyone have a schematic or parts list they can glance at and give
| me a sanity check? The transistor in question is Q421. Someone
| throw me a 2SK number or similar with SDG pinout? TIA.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Trying to find a
Old monitor to buy
ELO ETC140C-75WB