Bill

Default ELO Touchsystems ETC140C-75WB need help

Correction: Model number is ETC140C-7SWB
No FCC ID number visible anywhere.

I have an elo Touchsystems "AccuTouch TouchMonitor" model
ETC140C-75WB in for repair. This is a point-of-sale type
computer monitor with a built-in touch screen. Says it is
assembled in USA, but has some german-looking writing, asian
picture tube, etc.

It was in before and had a blown horizontal drive transistor.
I remember at the time I thought the drive circuit configuration
looked like it should be a MOSFET, but it had a 2SD667. I had a
2SD438 on hand and it worked. But a couple weeks later it is
back, this time with shorted HOT.

So now I'm thinking that I don't know where this thing has been
and someone may have put in the wrong transistor before I got
ahold of it, and I still think the circuit looks like it wants
a MOSFET, so maybe it's not switching properly and the output
is spending too much time in the linear zone and overheating.

Anyone have a schematic or parts list they can glance at and give
me a sanity check? The transistor in question is Q421. Someone
throw me a 2SK number or similar with SDG pinout? TIA.