GGHS 1981

Default Now my Daewoo has its color back after off 15 hours?

OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its picture to
lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set off for
about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great color? Now
I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last night? I am
not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at the same
time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV. Could there
have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that messed up
the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until I
pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks for all
your help on the post last night! Greg
techforce

Post a model Number ???

"GGHS 1981" wrote in message
| OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its picture
| lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set off
for
| about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great
color? Now
| I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last night? I
am
| not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at the
same
| time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV. Could
there
| have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that messed
up
| the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until I
| pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks for
all
| your help on the post last night! Greg

CJT

GGHS 1981 wrote:

OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its picture to
lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set off for
about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great color? Now
I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last night? I am
not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at the same
time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV. Could there
have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that messed up
the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until I
pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks for all
your help on the post last night! Greg

Maybe you and I have encountered similar gremlins. I have a Sony VCR
that served me well for several years. A couple of months ago the
tuner suddenly stopped working -- it would still play tapes, but not
record them anew (or even tune a station and present it to the RF out).
I piddled with it over a couple of days and could NOT get it to work,
no matter what I tried (tightening connections, reprogramming, etc. --
but nothing involving opening the case).

So I bought a new VCR, which I'm not terribly happy with because it
has a sloppy transport compared to the Sony.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I decided I'd try to fix the Sony. I
plugged it in to reset the clock and configure it, and it worked
perfectly the first time. I can't get it to fail. Go figure.

Jerry G.

It is possible that something is intermittent in the set. You will soon see
if the problem returns. These sets don't heal themselves.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"GGHS 1981" wrote in message
OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its picture
lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set off
for
about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great color?
Now
I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last night? I am
not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at the same
time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV. Could
there
have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that messed up
the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until I
pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks for
all
your help on the post last night! Greg

GGHS 1981

The model is DTQ27S4FC

techforce

I agree with the other Posts earlier that if you see blotches in the
corners, then you have bad Degaussing Circuitry. It could merely be the
Solder on the appropriate Circuitry need touching up near the posistor
control on the Board. I have seen bulletins about bad solder on these in
certain Daewoo Chassis.

"techforce" wrote in message
| Post a model Number ???
|

| "GGHS 1981" wrote in message
| | OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its
picture
| | lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set
off
| for
| | about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great
| color? Now
| | I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last night?
| am
| | not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at the
| same
| | time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV. Could
| there
| | have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that
messed
| up
| | the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until I
| | pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks
for
| all
| | your help on the post last night! Greg

techforce

And also yes, the CRT Will eventually lose its magnetic CHARGE Gradually if
left off for many hours and the internal degausser is failed. Its basicly
residual magnetism which the Degauss is suppose to clear on every power up
ot the set.

"techforce" wrote in message

| I agree with the other Posts earlier that if you see blotches in the
| corners, then you have bad Degaussing Circuitry. It could merely be the
| Solder on the appropriate Circuitry need touching up near the posistor
| control on the Board. I have seen bulletins about bad solder on these in
| certain Daewoo Chassis.
|

| "techforce" wrote in message
| | Post a model Number ???
| |
| |
| |
| | "GGHS 1981" wrote in message
| | | OK. I posted last night that my 8 month old Daewoo had changed its
| picture
| | | lime greens and pinks. Today I went and turned it on after it had set
| off
| | for
| | | about 15 hours, (just to make sure) and the picture is back to great
| | color? Now
| | | I know I checked the color and tint controls more than once last
night?
| | am
| | | not complaining...just scratching my head. It all happened right at
the
| | same
| | | time I pressed play on the VCR which was setting on top of the TV.
Could
| | there
| | | have been some kind of magnetic static discharge from the VCR that
| messed
| | up
| | | the tube? Just seemed strange that the TV was working perfect up until
| | | pressed play. Needless to say the VCR is no longer near the TV. Thanks
| for
| | all
| | | your help on the post last night! Greg
| |
| |

How to charge for your work William Woodworking 18 July 13th 04 02:44 AM
Toronto area lumber? Pick Woodworking 4 November 20th 03 02:29 PM
HOW DO YOU GUYS FIGURE PROFIT? Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT Woodworking 26 September 29th 03 01:46 AM