john

Default RCA CTC195

I like it I like it.
After you changed the fuse WHY did you go into the service menu,s ?
Tell us the rest of the story.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Monica" wrote in message
om...
Help!

Successfully replaced fuse, however...

While adjusting from tech menu, pressed wrong on remote and ended up

with a
black band across the middle of screen right where right display # is
shown...therefore, can't see to set security pass # to continue with

adjust.
Can I get rid of the band? How do I get rid of the black band???

If not, ball park cost to repair?

Thanx!

Rookie (do it yourself) Tech

~M~

john

Ok ! Then the TV has a problem you going
into the service menus will not fix a fault.
First get the set repaired ..
kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Monica" wrote in message
om...
Because the picture was pinched on top and bottom and the colors
were out of alignment.
Any ideas???
~M~

"Monica" wrote in message
om...
Help!

Successfully replaced fuse, however...

While adjusting from tech menu, pressed wrong on remote and ended up

with a
black band across the middle of screen right where right display #

is
shown...therefore, can't see to set security pass # to continue with

adjust.
Can I get rid of the band? How do I get rid of the black band???

If not, ball park cost to repair?

Thanx!

Rookie (do it yourself) Tech

~M~

Art

Local RCA authorized service facility will need to be contacted by you ,
either by phone, mail, or in person. Tell them exactly what you did with
your set and have them give you a qualified estimate, after the technician
has a chance to actually evaluate what condition the set is in after your
FUBAR.
"Monica" wrote in message
om...
kip,

What's the cost of a replacement part and how difficult to remove and

replace...
or, ball park on what I should expect to pay to have it

removed/repaired/replaced???

~M~

john

M there is no easy way for the Novice call or take the set
to a repair shop and get it fixed.If you dont want to do that
go buy a new set.

kip
cc