nullinger

Default fluke 97 donīt work

Hello,
my fluke 97 donīt work
The Nicads and the power supply are ok
The display donīt start but the ICīs are supplied with 5V.
Do anyone have a good idea to repair, or shematics the originals to
expensive for this old fluke

Thanks thomas

rstlne

"nullinger" wrote in message
Hello,
my fluke 97 donīt work
The Nicads and the power supply are ok
The display donīt start but the ICīs are supplied with 5V.
Do anyone have a good idea to repair, or shematics the originals to
expensive for this old fluke

Thanks thomas

I dont know about the 97 (dont know the series numbers)
when you remove the cover where you can see the LCD then does it use plastic
like connectors, or is it soilder'd on..

If it uses the plastic like connectors then they should be easily removed
and you can clean the strips (this is a common fix for flukes)

RonKZ650

Fluke 97 is a scopemeter. Too complex to try to repair yourself.
Franc Zabkar

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 14:27:51 +0200, "nullinger"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello,
my fluke 97 donīt work
The Nicads and the power supply are ok
The display donīt start but the ICīs are supplied with 5V.
Do anyone have a good idea to repair, or shematics the originals to
expensive for this old fluke

Thanks thomas

The part number for the service manual is:
Fluke: 915970
Philips: 4822 872 05349

Chapter 7 (Troubleshooting) consists of 52 pages, and Chapter 10
(Circuit Diagrams) contains 17 fold-out pages (2 x A3 or 3 x A3).

FWIW, my own PM97 died when several smt electrolytic caps leaked.
Check the traces for corrosion.

- Franc Zabkar
rstlne

"RonKZ650" wrote in message
Fluke 97 is a scopemeter. Too complex to try to repair yourself.

Yea..
Like I said .. I dont know any of their numbers.. just know the faults I
have seen on the MultiMeters we had