Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
D H A C

Default Sylvania/Funai TV/DVD/VCR shutdown question

This is regarding a Sylvania model SRCD227 27" combo that's about 2 years
old. This group has helped me in the past with these combo units, I'm hoping
someone will recognize this problem and maybe a couple of diodes will fix
it. I have no schematic.
What I have is a TV that will power up. You can get an excellent (off-air)
picture for a few seconds and then it will shut off. D2645 appears to have
been running a little hot....not sure if this is related although the diode
checks good on the ohm meter. All of the other diodes in this area also
check good with the meter and there doesn't appear to be any shorts at the
diodes outputs. Another clue is there doesn't seem to be any power to the
motor in the DVD player and the VCR doesn't go through it's self test when
first plugged in.
If anyone has had a similar problem and could make a suggestion or if
someone has access to a schematic and would be willing to forward.

TIA,
Steve

Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs UK diy 5 March 26th 04 01:36 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Mit. VS5010 intermittent shutdown. JURB6006 Electronics Repair 2 September 10th 03 04:03 PM