eddumweer

Default Philips 24CE4570 Chassis 2B

"SK" schreef in bericht
I have an old Philips 24" TV (Model 24CE4570, Chassis 2B).

If the problem is with the battery, can someone tell me if the battery
is the yellow thing with OIC writen on it in this picture as I can't
seem to remove it because it's soildered on to the PCB board.

http://snipurl.com/6ra6

Also where is the most likely place to get a replacement from in the
UK. Maplins perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

99% it causes the problem. It's a ni-cad battery 1.2V / 90mAH.

If you don't have it or can't get it take a 1.5 V penlite ni-cad and sand
the connections, now you can solder him with wires and place it somewhere
isolated with not to long wires with a ty-rap.

Mostly in my experience the suddenly starved a dead.

After replacing you must memorize the stations again and also the settings
for sound and vision.

To memorize the sound and vision there are a few methodes depending the
software and the chassis.

Press memory open, PP (green button), close memory

Or close memory, PP (green button).

Good luck Peter

David Sewell

"SK" wrote in message
I have an old Philips 24" TV (Model 24CE4570, Chassis 2B).

It had been working fine until recently when all of a sudden it stoped
remembering it's settings when switched off.

It now forgets all the settings for the channels, colour and sound and
requires a re-tune each time the set is turned on again. It is fine
if left on standby.

Having done a bit of googling it appears to be a problem with the
backup battery which seems to be a common fault amongst Philips TV's
from this era. Would this be a correct assumption bearing in mind
that it has stopped suddenly rather than over a period of time?

If the problem is with the battery, can someone tell me if the battery
is the yellow thing with OIC writen on it in this picture as I can't
seem to remove it because it's soildered on to the PCB board.

http://snipurl.com/6ra6

Also where is the most likely place to get a replacement from in the
UK. Maplins perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

Hi
That's it! A 1.2 Volt nickel cadmium cell. My local supplier sells them.
http://www.elclondon.co.uk

Hope that helps.
Regards,
David

SK

"David Sewell" wrote:

"SK" wrote in message
.. .
I have an old Philips 24" TV (Model 24CE4570, Chassis 2B).

It had been working fine until recently when all of a sudden it stoped
remembering it's settings when switched off.

It now forgets all the settings for the channels, colour and sound and
requires a re-tune each time the set is turned on again. It is fine
if left on standby.

Having done a bit of googling it appears to be a problem with the
backup battery which seems to be a common fault amongst Philips TV's
from this era. Would this be a correct assumption bearing in mind
that it has stopped suddenly rather than over a period of time?

Hi
That's it! A 1.2 Volt nickel cadmium cell. My local supplier sells them.
http://www.elclondon.co.uk

I managed to get the battery and install it but still no luck.

Does the replacement battery need charging-up first? The battery is
in the TV now so what would be the best way to charge it, leave the TV
ON or in Standby mode?

eddumweer

"SK" schreef in bericht
"David Sewell" wrote:

Hi
That's it! A 1.2 Volt nickel cadmium cell. My local supplier sells

them.
http://www.elclondon.co.uk

I managed to get the battery and install it but still no luck.

Does the replacement battery need charging-up first? The battery is
in the TV now so what would be the best way to charge it, leave the TV
ON or in Standby mode?

After replacement put it on or in standby (doesn't matter) for 5 minutes,
switch off the ktv and measure the voltage over the nicad. It must be 1.2
Volts.

If so, switch on and you have to search a channel and put it in memoryplace
1
Also adjust the sound and vision with the local keyboard or the remote and
store it in the personal preference memory

After switch off and on again the channel and sound and vision stetting must
be held in memory.
For longer memorizing let the ktv set on or in standby for about 4 hours and
the next day use it as normal.

Now the set functions must be ok.

Greetings PP

Be sure to clear up any leakage from the previous battery. If the old
one did leak then this could corrupt the circuit board and result in
poor contact or the new one not charging. (In both the ones I've done
the battery had leaked.) New ones took several hours to charge so
leave the set on
Ben