Karl-Heinz

Default Old CRT tubes

Hello,

the CRT tube 240NB4 (green) is used in an old computer monitor. I have to
replace this tube. I found a C10M36P31 (alternatively shown in the diagram
for this is a 2728831) with the same dimensions. I do not have any data
sheets about these tubes. Does anyone know if I can replace the 240NB4 by a
C10M36P31 or by the 2728831 ?

If you also have any data sheets for these tube, please send them to me,
thanks.

Regards
Karl-Heinz

James Sweet

"Karl-Heinz" wrote in message
Hello,

the CRT tube 240NB4 (green) is used in an old computer monitor. I have to
replace this tube. I found a C10M36P31 (alternatively shown in the diagram
for this is a 2728831) with the same dimensions. I do not have any data
sheets about these tubes. Does anyone know if I can replace the 240NB4 by

C10M36P31 or by the 2728831 ?

If you also have any data sheets for these tube, please send them to me,
thanks.

Regards
Karl-Heinz

In my experience if it'll physically fit then it'll usually work fine, of
course this is true only for the tube, not the deflection yoke.

Karl-Heinz

Hello,

thanks for the answer.

I made some complex checks before I replaced the tubes. The replacement was
successful. Now I could see a difference between the tubes: The 240NB4
displays white characters, the C10M36P31 and the 2728831 display green
characters. I had not to exchange the deflection yokes.

Regards
Karl-Heinz

Karl-Heinz

sorry, the correct type is 2728B31 not 2728831.

H. R. Bob Hofmann

"Karl-Heinz" wrote in message ...
sorry, the correct type is 2728B31 not 2728831.

The P31 or P4 or B4, the last digits of the part number are the
phosphor type. For instance the first color CRT suffixes were P22, P4
is a white phosphor, etc