Default Electrical matting small sizes?

Where might I get small section of electrical matting? Just need a bit
for workbench sized for footprint of television, microwave oven or
similar and another bit I can shove in the back of the van for
occasional live work on domestic consumer units.
I saw a bit in a bin the other week but didn't whip it.
Using a car mat just now for live testing but it's not suitable for the
bench as not flat enough.
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.
gothika

On Thu, 13 May 2004 00:23:19 +0100, Z wrote:

Where might I get small section of electrical matting? Just need a bit
for workbench sized for footprint of television, microwave oven or
similar and another bit I can shove in the back of the van for
occasional live work on domestic consumer units.
I saw a bit in a bin the other week but didn't whip it.
Using a car mat just now for live testing but it's not suitable for the
bench as not flat enough.

Try looking up a commercial rubber supplier in your area.
They sell sheet rubber in all types.
I find the neoprene the best. Just like what dive suits and mousepads
are made of.

In article , gothika
writes
On Thu, 13 May 2004 00:23:19 +0100, Z wrote:

Where might I get small section of electrical matting? Just need a bit
for workbench sized for footprint of television, microwave oven or
similar and another bit I can shove in the back of the van for
occasional live work on domestic consumer units.
I saw a bit in a bin the other week but didn't whip it.
Using a car mat just now for live testing but it's not suitable for the
bench as not flat enough.

Try looking up a commercial rubber supplier in your area.
They sell sheet rubber in all types.

I'll try them though I presumed they sold it by the reel.

I find the neoprene the best. Just like what dive suits and mousepads
are made of.

That's an idea! Glue some mousemats onto a backboard:-)

Isn't neoprene a bit prone to catching and mechanical damage?
Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.

On Thu, 13 May 2004 21:33:38 +0100, Z wrote:

In article , gothika
writes
On Thu, 13 May 2004 00:23:19 +0100, Z wrote:

Where might I get small section of electrical matting? Just need a bit
for workbench sized for footprint of television, microwave oven or
similar and another bit I can shove in the back of the van for
occasional live work on domestic consumer units.
I saw a bit in a bin the other week but didn't whip it.
Using a car mat just now for live testing but it's not suitable for the
bench as not flat enough.

Try looking up a commercial rubber supplier in your area.
They sell sheet rubber in all types.

I'll try them though I presumed they sold it by the reel.

I find the neoprene the best. Just like what dive suits and mousepads
are made of.

That's an idea! Glue some mousemats onto a backboard:-)

Isn't neoprene a bit prone to catching and mechanical damage?

Real neoprene is thick black rubber. Wet suits and mouse pads are
more of a neoprene based foam rubber.

-Chris