Brad

Default Update: Technics SA-222 Stereo Part Number

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I found the part number
for this IC, # SVINJM4559DD. NTE 778A is a replacement, which I
did not have, but I used a LM1458 and this fixed the problem.

Brad

IC "401" (8 pins) in the phono preamp circuit is defective in this
Technics SA-222 Stereo. "4559DS" is a number on the IC. Can
you tell me the Technics part number for this IC? Also, where is
a good source for hard to find ICs?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be
sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

jakdedert

Brad wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I found the part number
for this IC, # SVINJM4559DD. NTE 778A is a replacement, which I
did not have, but I used a LM1458 and this fixed the problem.

Brad

IC "401" (8 pins) in the phono preamp circuit is defective in this
Technics SA-222 Stereo. "4559DS" is a number on the IC. Can
you tell me the Technics part number for this IC? Also, where is
a good source for hard to find ICs?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be
sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

1458 is a first generation dual(quad) opamp. I'm glad it works, but there
are much better chips out there. Even the venerable 4558 was better IIRC.

jak