Paul Turner

Default pc monitor repair

Does anyone know anywhere where I can take a 21" CRT monitor to be
repaired? It works fine but I think it needs focusing or something
becuase it's really blurred.

Is this the sort of thing a normal TV repair shop can fix?

Paul
RubbishRat

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know anywhere where I can take a 21" CRT monitor to be
repaired? It works fine but I think it needs focusing or something
becuase it's really blurred.

Is this the sort of thing a normal TV repair shop can fix?

Paul

What model is it and how old is it? If it's old, the CRT might be bad but if
it's not too old then a repair might be possible. there is a focus unit
somewhere inside near the LOPT and a tweak might be all that's needed but
these things are absolutely lethal when switched on, so you need someone
whose life is cheap but has experience with these things. Like a TV Tech
frinstance :^)

Art

Suggest caling about and asking if indeed they have experience in repairing
your particular make and model of monitor. Take it to a servicer that is
indeed assigned to repairing them and will give you a complete estimate of
costs and a warrenty on their repairs. Most television shops do not service
computer items but there are a lot that are competent in doing so. Cheers
"Paul Turner" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know anywhere where I can take a 21" CRT monitor to be
repaired? It works fine but I think it needs focusing or something
becuase it's really blurred.

Is this the sort of thing a normal TV repair shop can fix?

Paul

Jerry G.

Take the monitor to the authorized service place that is for your monitor
type. The regular TV shop will not have access to the service information
and parts if required.

If your monitor has become soft focus, this is usually a sign of the CRT
going weak. Sometimes it can also be a defect in the high voltage module.
Tweaking the focus set-up adjustment may do a temporary fix on it.

Usually after about 3 to 5 years of use, the CRT's start to go weak in most
computer monitors.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know anywhere where I can take a 21" CRT monitor to be
repaired? It works fine but I think it needs focusing or something
becuase it's really blurred.

Is this the sort of thing a normal TV repair shop can fix?

Paul

Paul Turner

Thanks guys - I have found a place in Southampton that reckons they
can fix monitors. I am taking it in tomorrow.

paul

Paul Turner

"Chris" wrote in message ...
Why not take the excuse and buy a BIG LCD monitor?

I would, but even a new CRT 21" is about £300 - a new 21" LCD is about
a grand I'd guess.

I would prefer to pay the £27.50 re-focus fee if it's all the same to
you...

:-)

paul