Suburban

Default GE 25GH350 CTC177AJ2 Snowy channals above 50.

This is a these are motel sets. I got 3 in, I resoldered all known
connections and replace the EPROM's, and all 3 Osc\mixer ICs.
The 2 in question came in for no channels from 2 to 50, after replacing
the parts and soldering, now the two have snowy pictures from 51 and above.

I replaced U3201, Q7403, and U7301.
T checked R7121.

Any help I will thank you for in advance.

Ken Marshall
Suburban Electronics
PO Box 251
Hilliard, Oh 43026-0251

john

You will need Chipper Checker and Multi
Channel Geny to do a complete alighment.
First check your own work and make sure no
solder bridges.

kip

--
"Watch the return E-Mail addy its false"
"Suburban" wrote in message
This is a these are motel sets. I got 3 in, I resoldered all known
connections and replace the EPROM's, and all 3 Osc\mixer ICs.
The 2 in question came in for no channels from 2 to 50, after replacing
the parts and soldering, now the two have snowy pictures from 51 and

above.

I replaced U3201, Q7403, and U7301.
T checked R7121.

Any help I will thank you for in advance.

Ken Marshall
Suburban Electronics
PO Box 251
Hilliard, Oh 43026-0251

Sofie

Suburban:
Once you replaced the EPROM you lost all of the tuner alignment parameters
in all of the televisions unless you read and save the data from each
television's old EPROM.
The first order of business after verifying your rework is to perform a 125
channel tuner alignment. A chipper checker and 125 channel television
signal generator would be most helpful at this point.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Suburban" wrote in message
This is a these are motel sets. I got 3 in, I resoldered all known
connections and replace the EPROM's, and all 3 Osc\mixer ICs.
The 2 in question came in for no channels from 2 to 50, after replacing
the parts and soldering, now the two have snowy pictures from 51 and

above.

I replaced U3201, Q7403, and U7301.
T checked R7121.

Any help I will thank you for in advance.

Ken Marshall
Suburban Electronics
PO Box 251
Hilliard, Oh 43026-0251

David

Did you do the full chassis/eeprom alignment per the service manual?
Which includes the 125 channel cable tuner alignments!!!!! You need a
125 channel calibrated signal generator with adjustable output in
order to do the alignment, along with an RCA remote control. The
TAG001 tuner generator Thomson use to sell worked great because you
could change the tv and generator channel at the same time.

David