Jeff Finnan

Default Viewsonic G810 intermittently zigs and zags, looks like vertical oscilloscope

My Viewsonic G810 has zigzagging of the horizontal lines occurring.
Sometimes the view has a watery look to it at times. When very bad,
any vertical line in the display looks a bit like an oscilloscope
trace of sound going down the line. This has been happening randomly.
Actually, it had disappeared for a good while. It came back today with
a vengeance. When bad, the screen shrinks from the sides a bit, not
from the top or bottom. It is worse when first turned on or the
monitor comes out being turned off by the computer. I see this
distortion showing up if I turn on the monitor without turning on the
computer. I tried blowing out the dust without taking off the cover.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jerry G.

It looks like there are a number of electrolytic caps in the various areas
of the power supply and scan amplifiers that are warn down. These can be
checked with an ESR meter. Once found, the defective caps can be easily
replaced.

If you are not experienced in monitor service, I would suggest taking the
monitor in to a service centre to do this type of work for you.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com